This policy is currently being updated to comply with GDPR requirements.
Last updated 5/24/18.
Blog By Donna is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your personal data and we will gladly assist you.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in an event, survey, contest or promotion, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, preference or interest data, and any other information you choose to provide.
If you provide an email address to invite a friend to participate in the Services, we will collect that email address and use it to send your friend such an invitation.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:
We and our service providers use various technologies to obtain information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also collect information about you when you post content to our pages/feeds on third-party social media sites.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of data in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, specific information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and additional information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Company or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
PersonalMoneySense takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
You may review, correct or modify information maintained in your online account at any time by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing us at [email protected].
If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at [email protected], but note that some information you provide through the Services may continue to be accessible (e.g., comments you submit through the Services) and that we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you decide to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by sending an email to [email protected]. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about our ongoing business relations.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 865.377.9254